Pegasus Leisure Group (PLG) operating as part of The Melbourne Racing Club (MRC) is proud to be recognised as a 2022 & 2023 Winner of The Australian Business Awards for Employer of Choice
PLG venue The Sugar Gum Hotel in Hillside is looking for an experienced and passionate Full-Time Chef De Partie to help run all aspects of kitchen operations and be an efficient operator to assist with food preparation and service. Maintaining a safe and hygienic kitchen is a critical requirement of this role.
What will my responsibilities be?
- Maintaining control and leadership in the kitchen during service times in allocated sections
- Assist with the induction of new employees when required
- Maintain professional relationships with external supplies
- Prepare and cook menu as per cooking guidelines and set standards
- Work in conjunction with the head chef to develop and implement a menu
- Ensure all staff follow safety procedures
Qualifications and Skills
- Cert 3 or 4 commercial cookers or equivalent
- Food handlers (optional)
- Full working rights in Australia
- Experience working in a pub/bistro environment
- Well-versed in all kitchen areas with hands-on experience
- Experience with kitchen operations and functions and ability to cook a broad range of food items
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work in a high-stress environment
- Ability to follow and give directions when required
What’s in it for you?
- Supportive Venue Managers to assist you in your journey
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Free onsite parking
Pegasus Leisure Group values and embraces diversity and inclusion and we encourage all applicants to apply.