Pegasus Leisure Group (PLG) operating as part of The Melbourne Racing Club (MRC) is proud to be recognised as a 2022 & 2023 Winner of The Australian Business Awards for Employer of Choice
PLG venue The Sugar Gum Hotel in Hillside is looking for an experienced Full-Time Chef De Partie to help run all aspects of kitchen operations and be an efficient operator to assist with food preparation and service. Maintaining a safe and hygienic kitchen is a critical requirement of this role.
What will my responsibilities be?
- Maintain a safe and hygienic kitchen
- Maintaining control and leadership in the kitchen during service times in allocated sections
- Assist with the induction of new employees when required
- Maintain professional relationships with external supplies
- Prepare and cook menu as per cooking guidelines and set standards
- Work in conjunction with the head chef to develop and implement a menu
- Ensure all staff follow safety procedures
Qualifications and Skills
- Cert 3 or 4 commercial cookers or equivalent
- Food handlers (optional)
- Full working rights in Australia
- Experience working in a pub/bistro environment
- Well-versed in all kitchen areas with hands-on experience
- Experience with kitchen operations and functions and ability to cook a broad range of food items
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work in a high-stress environment
- Ability to follow and give directions when required
What’s in it for you?
- Supportive Venue Managers to assist you in your journey
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Free onsite parking
- We don't operate on Christmas Day, you can get to spend the day with your loved ones
Pegasus Leisure Group values and embraces diversity and inclusion and we encourage all applicants to apply.