Pegasus Leisure Group (PLG) is an exciting company operating a portfolio of 13 hotel and club venues located across greater Melbourne.
Our venues operate a diverse array of hospitality options ranging from state of the art sports bars, Bistros, restaurants and many with relaxing outdoor areas.
The Peninsula Club in Dromana is looking for an experienced casual Chef De Partie to help run all aspects of Kitchen operations. We are looking for someone who can demonstrate their creative flair and passion for food, as well as being an efficient operator to assist with food preparation and service. Maintaining a safe and hygienic kitchen is a critical requirement of this role.
What will my responsibilities be?
- Assist with induction of new employees when required
- Maintaining control and leadership in the kitchen during service times in allocates sections
- Maintain professional relationships with external supplies
- Prepare and cook menu as per cooking guidelines and set standards
- Work in conjunction with the head chef to develop and implement menus
- Ensure all staff following safety procedures
What are we looking for?
- Cert 3 or 4 commercial cookers or equivalent
- Food handlers (optional)
- Full working rights in Australia
- Experience working in a pub/bistro environment
- Well versed in all kitchen areas with hands on experience
- Experience with kitchen operations and functions and ability to cook a broad range of food items
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work in a high stress environment
- Ability to follow and give direction when required
Dromana's, The Peninsula Club has something for everyone! Two bars bosting local wines as well as TAB and outdoor decks. This community focused club is a great spot for family friends to enjoy a meal and get together.
PLG is committed to providing a career path and ongoing training and development opportunities for our employees.
Pegasus Leisure Group values and embraces diversity and inclusion and we encourage all applicants to apply.