PLG venue Highways in Springvale is on the lookout for a passionate full-time Chef De Partie to join the established team in producing quality cuisine.
Operating as part of the wider Melbourne Racing Club (MRC) group, Pegasus Leisure Group (PLG) has an exciting portfolio consisting of 13 hotel and club venues located across greater Melbourne.
What's in it for you?
- Free onsite parking
- Supportive Managers and Operations Manager to assist you in your journey
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible working arrangements
What you will need
- Cert 3 or 4 commercial cookers or equivalent
- Full working rights in Australia
- Experience working in a pub/bistro environment (desirable)
- Experience with kitchen operations and functions and ability to cook a broad range of food items
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work in a high demand environment
- Ability to follow and give direction when required
What will my responsibilities be?
- Assist with induction of new employees when required
- Maintaining control and leadership in the kitchen during service times in allocates sections
- Maintain professional relationships with external suppliers
- Prepare and cook menu as per cooking guidelines and set standards
- Work in conjunction with the head chef to develop and implement menus
ensure all staff follow safety procedures
Pegasus Leisure Group values and embraces diversity and inclusion and we encourage all applicants to apply.