Operating as part of the wider Melbourne Racing Club (MRC) group, Pegasus Leisure Group (PLG) has an exciting portfolio consisting of 13 hotel and club venues located across greater Melbourne.
The Coach in Ringwood is looking for experienced full-time and casual chefs to help run all aspects of Kitchen operations for a team of over 10 back-of-house staff.
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate their creative flair and passion for food, as well as being an efficient operator to assist with food preparation and service. Maintaining a safe and hygienic kitchen is a critical requirement of this role.
What will we do for you?
As an employee at PLG, you will receive a competitive wage, a supportive and safe working environment including on-site night security, convenient parking options, and be a part of the company Christmas party!
What will my duties be?:
- Prepare and cook menu as per cooking guidelines and set standards
- Work in conjunction with the Head Chef to develop and implement menus
ensure all staff following safety procedures
- Assist with induction of new employees when required
- Maintaining control and leadership in the kitchen during service times in allocates sections
- Maintain professional relationships with external suppliers
Skills & qualifications:
- Cert 3 or 4 commercial cookers or equivalent
- Experience working in a pub/bistro environment (desirable)
- Well versed in all kitchen areas with hands on experience
- Experience with kitchen operations and functions and ability to cook a broad range of food items
COVID-19 Double Vaccination Status Required
The Coach's dining and entertainment complex has something for everyone. Whether it be the large bistro with kids area or adults-only dining space. As well as a huge sports bar where punters can place a bet at the TAB or head to the gaming floor. The cafe is a loved area with customers for catch-ups and afternoon tea.
PLG is committed to providing a career path and ongoing training and development opportunities for our employees.
Pegasus Leisure Group values and embraces diversity and inclusion and we encourage all applicants to apply.