Pegasus Leisure Group (PLG) is an exciting company operating a portfolio of 15 hotel and club venues located across greater Melbourne. Our venues operate a diverse array of hospitality options ranging from state of the art sports bars with full wagering facilities, bistros and restaurants many with relaxing outdoor offerings, cafÃ© areas, private function facilities and retail liquor outlets.
Full Time Commis Chef with experience needed at The Coach in Ringwood with a real passion for food and hospitality, a head full of new ideas. Our Head Chef is committed to mentoring our kitchen team and helping them grow; these genuine development opportunities include internal chef development aimed at providing the ultimate support, experience and knowledge for our dedicated chefs
- Prepare and cook menu as per cooking guidance and standards
- Work in conjunction with the Head Chef and kitchen team to develop and implement menus as required
- Maintaining profession relationships with stakeholders internal and external
What we are looking for:
- Experience in a large bistro kitchen environment or a fast-paced, high volume kitchen
- Understanding of current Food safety legislation (HACCP)
- Excellent communication skills
- Certificate 3 or 4 in Commercial Cookery or equivalent
The Coach underwent a major renovation in 2019 and the results speak for themselves with the venue being transformed into a dining and entertainment complex that’s got something for everyone.
There’s a large bistro area with a kids play area or there’s the popular adults only dining space for those after seeking a more ambient space.
Pegasus Leisure Group values and embraces diversity and inclusion and we encourage all applicants to apply.