Pegasus Leisure Group (PLG) is an exciting company operating a portfolio of 15 hotel and club venues located across greater Melbourne. Our venues operate a diverse array of hospitality options ranging from state of the art sports bars, Bistros, restaurants and many with relaxing outdoor areas.
The Glasshouse is right in the heart of Caulfield and sits at the doorstep of Caulfield Racecourse. Refurbished in 2017, The Glasshouse offers a family friendly environment where parents can relax with a meal and a drink, put on a punt or enjoy the outdoor dinning.
We are currently seeking an experienced Full Time Commis Chef to join the friendly team at Caulfield Glasshouse in Caulfield East with a real passion for food and hospitality, a head full of new ideas.
Our Head Chef is committed to mentoring our kitchen team and helping them grow; these genuine development opportunities include our internal chef development program aimed at providing the ultimate support, experience and knowledge for our dedicated chefs.
- Prepare and cook meny as per cooking guidelines and set standards
- Work in conjunction with Head Chef and kitchen team to develop and implement seasonal menus as required
- Maintain control and leavership in the ktichen during service time in allocated section
- Maintaining professional relationships with external suppliers
- Ensure food and safety prcoedures are being followed
- Report any noncomplaince/safety risks
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience in a large bistro kitchen environment or a fast-paced, high volume kitchen
- Understanding of current Food safety legislation (HACCP)
- Excellent communication skills
- Certificate 3 or 4 in Commercial Cookery or equivalent
PLG is committed to providing a career path and ongoing training and development opportunities for our employees.
Pegasus Leisure Group values and embraces diversity and inclusion and we encourage all applicants to apply.