PLG currently operates a diverse portfolio of venues which offer a range of hospitality options including state of the art sports bars and bistros, wine bars, outdoor and family offerings and premier function spaces.
We are currently seeking an experienced Full Time Commis Chef to join the friendly team at The Golden Fleece in Melton with a real passion for food and hospitality, a head full of new ideas.
Our Head Chef is committed to mentoring our kitchen team and helping them grow; these genuine development opportunities include our internal chef development program aimed at providing the ultimate support, experience and knowledge for our dedicated chefs.
Duties of commis chef
- Prepare and cook menu as per cooking guidelines and set standards
- Work in conjunction with Head Chef and kitchen team to develop and implement seasonal menus as required
- Maintain control and leadership in the kitchen during service time in allocated section
- Maintaining professional relationships with external suppliers
- Ensure food and safety procedures are being followed
- Report any noncompliance/safety risks
What are we looking for in a successful candidate?
- Experience in a large bistro kitchen environment or a fast-paced, high volume kitchen
- Understanding of current Food safety legislation (HACCP)
- Excellent communication skills
- Certificate 3 or 4 in Commercial Cookery or equivalent
What do we offer in return?
The Golden Fleece hosts modern family friendly bistro with indoor and outdoor dinning options to suit everyone. As gaming room and spacious sports bar with indoor and outdoor seating to catch up with friends.
PLG is committed to providing a career path and ongoing training and development opportunities for our employees.
Pegasus Leisure Group values and embraces diversity and inclusion and we encourage all applicants to apply.