Pegasus Leisure Group (PLG) is an exciting company operating a portfolio of 15 hotel and club venues located across greater Melbourne. Our venues operate a diverse array of hospitality options ranging from state of the art sports bars, Bistros, restaurants and many with relaxing outdoor areas.
The Cove Hotel in Patterson Lakes is a dining and entertainment venue with spectacular water views across the marina. Offering a bistro and modern wine bar it is one of the busiest pubs in the area!
We are currently seeking an experienced casual Commis Chef to join the friendly team at The Cove Hotel in Patterson Lakes with a real passion for food and hospitality, a head full of new ideas.
Our Head Chef is committed to mentoring our kitchen team and helping them grow; these genuine development opportunities include our internal chef development program aimed at providing the ultimate support, experience and knowledge for our dedicated chefs.
- Prepare and cook menu as per cooking guidelines and set standards
- Work in conjunction with Head Chef and kitchen team to develop and implement seasonal menus as required
- Maintain control and leadership in the kitchen during service time in allocated section
- Maintaining professional relationships with external suppliers
- Ensure food and safety procedures are being followed
- Report any noncompliance/safety risks
Skills & Experience
- Certificate 3 or 4 in commercial cooker or equivalent
- Food Handlers Certificate (optional)
- Previous experience working in a kitchen, large bistro/function kitchen environment or similar fast faced, high volume
PLG is committed to providing a career path and ongoing training and development opportunities for our employees.
Pegasus Leisure Group values and embraces diversity and inclusion and we encourage all applicants to apply.