Ringwood's, The Coach, dining and entrainment complex has something for everyone. Whether it be the large bistro with kids area or adults only dinning space. .
We are currently seeking an experienced casual Commis Chef to join the friendly team with a real passion for food and hospitality, and a head full of new ideas.
Our Head Chef is committed to mentoring our kitchen team and helping them grow; these genuine development opportunities include our internal chef development program aimed at providing the ultimate support, experience and knowledge for our dedicated chefs.
Duties of Commis Chef
- Prepare and cook menu as per cooking guidelines and set standards
- Work in conjunction with Head Chef and kitchen team to develop and implement seasonal menus as required
- Maintain control and leadership in the kitchen during service time in allocated section
- Maintaining professional relationships with external suppliers
- Ensure food and safety procedures are being followed
- Report any noncompliance/safety risks
Skills & Experience
- Cert 3 or 4 commercial cookery or equivalent
- experience in large bistros or fast paced environments
- Understanding of food safety legislation
- ability to work as part of a team
Pegasus Leisure Group (PLG) is an exciting company operating a portfolio of 15 hotel and club venues located across greater Melbourne offering a diverse array of hospitality options.
PLG is committed to providing a career path and ongoing training and development opportunities for our employees.
Pegasus Leisure Group values and embraces diversity and inclusion and we encourage all applicants to apply.