PLG currently operates a diverse portfolio of venues which offer a range of hospitality options including state of the art sports bars and bistros, wine bars, outdoor and family offerings and premier function spaces.
Full Time Commis Chef with experience needed at The Coach in Ringwood with a real passion for food and hospitality.
Our Head Chef is committed to mentoring our kitchen team and helping them grow; these genuine development opportunities include internal chef development aimed at providing the ultimate support, experience and knowledge for our dedicated chefs
- Prepare and cook menu as per cooking guidance and standards
- Work in conjunction with the Head Chef and kitchen team to develop and implement menus as required
- Maintain control and leadership in the kitchen during service time in allocated section
- Maintaining profession relationships with stakeholders internal and external
- Ensure food and safety procedures are being followed
- Report any noncompliance/safety risks
What we are looking for:
- Experience in a large bistro kitchen environment or a fast-paced, high volume kitchen
- Understanding of current Food safety legislation (HACCP)
- Excellent communication skills
- Certificate 3 or 4 in Commercial Cookery or equivalent
Ringwood's, The Coach, dining and entrainment complex has something for everyone. Whether it be the large bistro with kids area or adults only dinning space. As well as huge sports bar where punters can place a bet at the TAB or head to the gaming floor. The cafe is a loved area with customers for catch ups and afternoon tea.
PLG is committed to providing a career path and ongoing training and development opportunities for our employees.
Pegasus Leisure Group values and embraces diversity and inclusion and we encourage all applicants to apply.