Pegasus Leisure Group (PLG) is an exciting company operating a portfolio of 13 hotel and club venues located across greater Melbourne.
Our venues operate a diverse array of hospitality options ranging from state of the art sports bars, Bistros, restaurants and many with relaxing outdoor areas.
We are currently seeking an experienced casual Commis Chef to join the friendly team at The Grand Hotel in Frankston with a real passion for food and hospitality, a head full of new ideas.
Our Head Chef is committed to mentoring our kitchen team and helping them grow; these genuine development opportunities include our internal chef development program aimed at providing the ultimate support, experience and knowledge for our dedicated chefs.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Prepare and cook menu as per cooking guidelines and set standards
- Work in conjunction with Head Chef and kitchen team to develop and implement seasonal menus as required
- Maintain control and leadership in the kitchen during service time in allocated section
- Maintaining professional relationships with external suppliers
- Ensure food and safety procedures are being followed
- Report any noncompliance/safety risks
Skills & qualifications:
- Cert 3 or 4 commercial cookers or equivalent
- Food handlers (optional)
The Grand Hotel is a firm favourite of Frankston locals, along with those passing through on their way to the Mornington Peninsula.
Punters love the Sports Bar area where they can enjoy a drink and bite to eat while taking in all the live sporting action from the plethora of screens.
Families can catch up over a meal in the bistro where great service and a relaxed atmosphere make everyone feel at home. There’s also a popular private function room and a large gaming area.
PLG is committed to providing a career path and ongoing training and development opportunities for our employees.
Pegasus Leisure Group values and embraces diversity and inclusion and we encourage all applicants to apply.