Pegasus Leisure Group (PLG) is an exciting company operating a portfolio of 13 hotel and club venues located across greater Melbourne.
Our venues operate a diverse array of hospitality options ranging from state of the art sports bars, Bistros, restaurants and many with relaxing outdoor areas.
We are currently seeking an experienced casual Commis Chef to join the friendly team at Sugar Gum Hotel in Hillside with a real passion for food and hospitality, a head full of new ideas.
Our Head Chef is committed to mentoring our kitchen team and helping them grow; these genuine development opportunities include our internal chef development program aimed at providing the ultimate support, experience and knowledge for our dedicated chefs.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Prepare and cook menu as per cooking guidelines and set standards
- Work in conjunction with Head Chef and kitchen team to develop and implement seasonal menus as required
- Maintain control and leadership in the kitchen during service time in allocated section
- Maintaining professional relationships with external suppliers
- Ensure food and safety procedures are being followed
- Report any noncompliance/safety risks
Skills & qualifications:
- Cert 3 or 4 commercial cookers or equivalent
- Food handlers (optional)
Located in Hillside, The Sugar Gum Hotel is a favourite with the locals. Spacious family bistro and large kids areas to keep them entertained for hours. Plus casual area 'the social' to enjoy a cocktail or two whilst enjoying some tapas. The venue is perfect for a coffee and cake catch up or cheeky turn in the gaming room.
PLG is committed to providing a career path and ongoing training and development opportunities for our employees.
Pegasus Leisure Group values and embraces diversity and inclusion and we encourage all applicants to apply.