Pegasus Leisure Group (PLG) is an exciting company operating a portfolio of 15 hotel and club venues located across greater Melbourne offering a diverse array of hospitality options.
Ringwood, The Coach, dining and entrainment complex has something for everyone. Whether it be the large bistro with kids area or adults only dining space.
We are currently seeking an experienced casual Commis Chef to join the friendly team with a real passion for food and hospitality, and a head full of new ideas.
Our Head Chef is committed to mentoring our kitchen team and helping them grow; these genuine development opportunities include our internal chef development program aimed at providing the ultimate support, experience and knowledge for our dedicated chefs.
Duties of Commis Chef
- Prepare and cook menu as per cooking guidelines and set standards
- Work in conjunction with Head Chef and kitchen team to develop and implement seasonal menus as required
- Maintain control and leadership in the kitchen during service time in the allocated section
- Maintaining professional relationships with external suppliers
- Ensure food and safety procedures are being followed
- Report any noncompliance/safety risks
Skills & Experience
- Cert 3 or 4 commercial cookery or equivalent
- experience in large bistros or fast-paced environments
- Understanding of food safety legislation
- ability to work as part of a team
PLG is committed to providing a career path and ongoing training and development opportunities for our employees.
Pegasus Leisure Group values and embraces diversity and inclusion and we encourage all applicants to apply.