PLG currently operates a diverse portfolio of venues which offer a range of hospitality options including state of the art sports bars and bistros, wine bars, outdoor and family offerings and premier function spaces.
We are currently seeking an experienced full-time Commis Chef to join the friendly team at Caulfield Glasshouse in Caulfield with a real passion for food and hospitality, a head full of new ideas.
Our Head Chef is committed to mentoring our kitchen team and helping them grow; these genuine development opportunities include our internal chef development program aimed at providing the ultimate support, experience and knowledge for our dedicated chefs.
- Prepare and cook menu as per cooking guidelines and set standards
- Work in conjunction with Head Chef and kitchen team to develop and implement seasonal menus as required
- Maintain control and leadership in the kitchen during service time in allocated section
- Maintaining professional relationships with external suppliers
- Ensure food and safety procedures are being followed
- Report any noncompliance/safety risks
Qualifications & Skills:
- Cert 3 or 4 commercial cookers or equivalent
- Food handlers (optional)
The Glasshouse is right in the heart of Caulfield and sits at the doorstep of Caulfield Racecourse. Refurbished in 2017, The Glasshouse offers a family friendly environment where parents can relax with a meal and a drink while their children enjoy our large kids indoor / outdoor play area.
PLG is committed to providing a career path and ongoing training and development opportunities for our employees.
Pegasus Leisure Group values and embraces diversity and inclusion and we encourage all applicants to apply.