Operating as part of the wider Melbourne Racing Club (MRC) group, Pegasus Leisure Group (PLG) has an exciting portfolio consisting of 13 hotel and club venues located across greater Melbourne.
What will we do for you?
As an employee at PLG, you will receive a competitive wage, a supportive and safe working environment including on-site night security, convenient parking options, and be a part of the company Christmas party!
We are currently seeking experienced full-time or casual Chefs to join the friendly team at The Peninsula Club in Dromana with a real passion for food and hospitality, and a head full of new ideas.
We are looking for:
- Commis Chef
- Chef de Parties
Our Head Chef is committed to mentoring our kitchen team and helping them grow; these genuine development opportunities include our internal chef development program aimed at providing the ultimate support, experience and knowledge for our dedicated chefs.
What will my responsibilities be?
- Prepare and cook menu as per cooking guidelines and set standards
- Work in conjunction with Head Chef and kitchen team to develop and implement seasonal menus as required
- Maintain control and leadership in the kitchen during service time in allocated section
- Maintaining professional relationships with external suppliers
- Ensure food and safety procedures are being followed
- Report any noncompliance/safety risks
- Cert 3 or 4 commercial cookers or equivalent
COVID-19 Double Vaccination Status Required
With two bars boasting local wines as well as TAB and outdoor decks, Dromana's, The Peninsula Club has something for everyone! This community focused club is a great spot for family friends to enjoy a meal and get together.
PLG is committed to providing a career path and ongoing training and development opportunities for our employees.
Pegasus Leisure Group values and embraces diversity and inclusion and we encourage all applicants to apply.