PLG venue Sugar Gum Hotel in Hillside is currently seeking an experienced casual Commis Chef to join the friendly team with a real passion for food and hospitality, and a head full of new ideas.
Operating as part of the wider Melbourne Racing Club (MRC) group, Pegasus Leisure Group (PLG) has an exciting portfolio consisting of 13 hotel and club venues located across greater Melbourne.
What will we do for you?
As an employee at PLG, you will receive a competitive wage, a supportive and safe working environment including on-site night security and convenient parking options!
Duties of a Commis Chef
- Prepare and cook menu as per cooking guidelines and set standards
- Work in conjunction with Head Chef and kitchen team to develop and implement seasonal menus as required
- Maintain control and leadership in the kitchen during service time in allocated section
- Maintaining professional relationships with external suppliers
- Ensure food and safety procedures are being followed
- Report any noncompliance/safety risks
Skills and Experience
- Cert 3 or 4 in commercial cookery or equivalent
- Experience in a large bistro or kitchen environment or fast-paced high volume kitchen (desirable)
- Team player
- Good Communication skills
PLG is committed to providing a career path and ongoing training and development opportunities for our employees.
Pegasus Leisure Group values and embraces diversity and inclusion and we encourage all applicants to apply.