Pegasus Leisure Group (PLG) is an exciting company operating a portfolio of 15 hotel and club venues located across greater Melbourne.
We are currently seeking an experienced full-time Sous Chef who is ready to lead and inspire the team at Stoney’s Club in Bacchus Marsh alongside our Head Chef.
As part of the kitchen management team, we are looking for a strong leader who has exceptional people management skills. As Sous Chef, you will take real ownership over your team, leading and guiding them in the kitchen as well as owning all training. We are looking for someone who has a strong eye for detail, is passionate, creative and loves all things food.
Duties of Sous Chef
- Ability to manage a diverse team and staff training skills
- Ability to implement, train and manage a Food Safety Plan
- Desire to have ownership over this role and push its growth within the business
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Flexibility to work across a range of hours including weekends and evenings
Skills & Experience
- Cert 3 or 4 commercial cookers or equivalent
- Food handlers (optional)
- Minimum 4 years’ experience post apprenticeship
- Exposure and experience in a large bistro/ function kitchen environment or similar fast-paced, high-volume kitchen
Stoney’s is in beautiful Bacchus Marsh Victoria, with a fit-out that captures the tranquillity of the town’s traditional relaxed garden market character. Renovated in 2018, Stoney’s has become a popular venue within the local community, offering a family friendly environment, great service and a relaxed atmosphere for all to enjoy.
PLG is committed to providing a career path and ongoing training and development opportunities for our employees.
Pegasus Leisure Group values and embraces diversity and inclusion and we encourage all applicants to apply.