Operating as part of the wider Melbourne Racing Club (MRC) group, Pegasus Leisure Group (PLG) has an exciting portfolio consisting of 13 hotel and club venues located across greater Melbourne.
We are currently seeking an experienced full-time Sous Chef who is ready to lead and inspire the kitchen team of up to 19 staff at The Cove in Patterson Lakes alongside our Head Chef.
As part of the kitchen management team, we are looking for a strong leader who has exceptional people management skills. As Sous Chef, you will take real ownership over your team, leading and guiding them in the kitchen as well as owning all training. We are looking for someone who has a strong eye for detail, is passionate, creative and loves all things food. Working closely with our Head Chef you will have oversight to all aspects of the business including rostering, wage control, P&L, food quality, safety standards, stocktakes and much more.
What will we do for you?
As an employee at PLG, you will receive a competitive wage, a supportive and safe working environment including on-site night security, convenient parking options, and more!
What will my duties be?
- Ability to manage a diverse team and staff training skills
- Ability to implement, train and manage a Food Safety Plan
- Desire to have ownership over this role and push its growth within the business
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Flexibility to work across a range of hours including weekends and evenings
What are we looking for?
- Cert 3 or 4 commercial cookers or equivalent
- Food handlers (optional)
- Minimum 6 years’ experience post apprenticeship
- Exposure and experience in a large bistro/ function kitchen environment or similar fast-paced, high-volume kitchen
The Cove Hotel in Patterson Lakes is a dining and entertainment venue with spectacular water views across the marina. Offering a bistro and modern wine bar it is one of the busiest pubs in the area!
PLG is committed to providing a career path and ongoing training and development opportunities for our employees.
Pegasus Leisure Group values and embraces diversity and inclusion and we encourage all applicants to apply.